Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am an antichrist, I am the Butter Man!


The musicians of my slightly misspent teens are now all sold. First Jello Biafra is in to politics, then Siouxsie releases this, now Johnny Rotten is the butter man. What happens to a person that makes you unable to live only for today when you wake up with a stiff neck and sore knees? Is there something in healthy food that makes a person think of financial solubility?

I suspect that it is erosion of the soul that takes the corners and edges off of a person. Living in a commercially saturated environment gradually replaces your self esteem with the need for cable TV, your creative impulse is abducted by an Xbox, monthly payments are Wonder Woman's lasso.



A short (and TRUE! story)
A man named Eddie was walking to the bus stop so he could go to work. The telephone poles all had flyers for concerts and shows that he never goes to, Eddie did not notice them. There was a pretty girl watching him, walking the other direction, Eddie was thinking of the report that is due by lunchtime. A community recycling store employee flipped the sign to OPEN for the first time while Eddie was looking at his watch.

Coming home from work Eddie was miserable that he had nothing to do tonight. He knew that there would be nothing on TV. He expected to be bored. Eddie wished that he had a girlfriend, but women are really hard to meet. "Perhaps I'll rearrange my apartment, I've not got enough room for my stuff." He thought.

6 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Sort of like how Bobby Seale - formerly a Black Panther - came out with a BBQ cookbook a few years ago.

Sigh.

Would John Lennon be doing Pepsi commercials? "Imagine!" (Groan.)

Darth Weasel said...

or how Russell Means did voice work in Pocahontas, a movie widely criticized by many Native Americans for its portrayals of same. Yes, the same Russell Means who was among the most extremely violent leaders of AIM throughout the late 60s and early 70s.

Riot Kitty said...

Tag!

Fireblossom said...

Omg, Jello Biafra. Now there's a name I haven't heard in 20 years! (some time in the 90s, I told my son to eat his food, that starving Biafrans would love to have it. He said what are Biafrans? I said Rwandans then , eat! lol)

Yeah, Riot Kitty, maybe Janis Joplin would be doing boniva commercials on tv, leaving Sally Field to rummage through dumpsters to survive. This thought makes me smile. (I hate Sally Field)

listen for azure said...

PS: I left you a present on my blog this morning!!

Susan English Mason said...

I live in Arizona and Alice Cooper does TV commercials for car dealerships and furniture stores. Congrats on your award from Pheromone Girl today. I hadda come see.